Crystal therapy is a very ancient form of healing that uses the natural ability of crystals to focus, heal and attune the mind and body. A crystal therapy session is typically done by placing various crystals and minerals in and around a person to induce a state of healing, relaxation or stress relief. The crystals are usually placed around the body’s seven main energetic centers, or chakras, to elicit healing. Crystals are said to work with the body’s energy meridians and subtle energy vortexes. Crystals may be used separately or together.
A crystal is a solid material whose atoms, molecules and ions are arranged in an ordered pattern extending in all three spatial dimensions.
Benefits of Crystal Therapy
- Crystals are thought to absorb, focus and direct energy and diffuse negative influences.
- Crystal therapy works with energy vibrations, which are different for everyone, so the best judge as to whether or not crystals work is to try them for yourself.
- There are really no side effects to using crystal therapy, and it is a very natural process.
- Crystals are said to be beneficial for helping overcome energetic blockages similar to other types of energy therapy, such as acupressure and Reiki.
Background of Crystals
- Crystals have been used for centuries in practically every culture and religious tradition.
- The use of crystals is documented as far back as 1500 B.C. in the Ebers Papyrus from Egypt.
- Many pharaohs used crystals in their headdresses, in addition to having them left in tombs.
- Crystals have also been used in Chinese medicine as far back as 5,000 years.
- Crystals are also used by Tibetan Buddhists and Ayurvedic healers.
- Crystals come from the earth, and they are said to elicit powerful healing because they have the ability to absorb negative energy.
The Healing Power of Gemstones and Crystals
- Crystals are a form of vibrational medicine.
- They can be carried, worn or placed on the body to elicit healing.
- Crystals are often placed on the body’s chakras to help bring about various forms of healing and even pain relief.
- Each type of stone has its own unique talent.
- Amethyst stones are known for bringing harmony and a connection to sprit.
- Agate stones bring good luck and protection.
- Citrine stones are thought to help aid in depression, and they are good for helping with confidence and to ease digestion issues.
- Rose quartz stones have been used for centuries to help bring love to the wearer.
- Tiger’s eye is known for protection and grounding.
- Turquoise has been used for centuries to help develop a connection to spirit, and it is also mentally and spiritually uplifting.
- Clear quartz crystals can act as a stand-in for any other type of crystal, and they are good for focusing one’s energy.
The Energy of Crystals
- Crystals can enhance, promote and help cleanse the energy of the mind and body.
- Crystals are the most powerful in their natural state.
- The best way to choose a crystal is to use the power of your intuition to guide you.
Charging and Cleaning Crystals
- Crystals can absorb energy, good and bad, so the best thing you can do when you purchase one is to cleanse it.
- Crystals can be placed in the sun or even rinsed under cold water to clean them.
- This helps to cleanse and rebalance the energy and revitalize the stone.
Crystals are Mother Nature’s gifts, and they can be found almost anywhere. They can be used to elicit healing, to help clear your mind and body or simply as a meditation aid. Crystals help you by working with the energy of your own Prana or life force. They can help ease depression and anxiety and even help you heal. Crystals are a very personal choice, and you should allow your mind and intuition to guide you as to which one is best suited for your purpose.